1) Answer any THREE of the nine questions listed beneath. You may extract three questions from the same provision or three questions from two unanalogous provisions. It's entirely up to you. These three supports must entertain a reserve of 100 tone each. Anyunnaturalness near gain product in a action of ZERO externally the possibility of a perform-up support.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SUBMIT 3 SEPARATE POSTS: DO NOT ANSWER MORE THAN ONE QUESTION IN A SINGLE POST.
Chapter 4: Epicurus
1. Although Epicurus is a hedonist, he is obviously unanalogous to mean hedonism. Can you confront additional arguments for or athwart the plea of mean hedonism? Is it not terribly “ judgmental” for us to arrogation that some pleasures are “higher” or “ lower” than others? Shouldn’t we proportioned tolerate and confirm differences of conviction in this area? Or does it perform further reason to evidence that there is a consistent hierarchy of pleasures and pains?
2. Epicurus believes that dread of venial visitation is the highest source of dread and solicitude. Do you conform delay this assessment? Why or why not?
3. Epicurus evidences that the best and happiest way of animation is one in which one seeks to sate on the most basic, consistent and certain desires. Do you conform that embracing such a animation of frankness (no grandeur, glory, luxury or lucre) is truly further subsidiary to enjoyment and quiet than up-hill to “keep up delay the Joneses”? If you said “yes,” then are you already initiative measures to subsist in the Epicurean style?
Chapter 5: St. Thomas Aquinas
4. How would St. Thomas protect himself (if, verily, such a excuse is possible) athwart the inculpate of substance “homophobic” (a engagement that did not exist in his span, but which is fairly base today)? Would you confront his excuse superficial? Why or why not?
5. If one is not at all godly, is it tranquil likely to charm St. Thomas’ consistent law principle seriously? Could it tranquil be relied upon as a pilot to living well-behaved? Explain.
Chapter 6: Thomas Hobbes
6. Do you contemplate that substance self-interested is a bad unnaturalness? If so, why? If not, why not?
7. Compare Christ’s Golden Rule delay Hobbes’ Golden Rule. Which do you contemplate is further talented in getting inhabitants to comply the laws, and why?
8. Do you conform delay Hobbes that our consistent state is one of lawlessness and vehemence? How do you contemplate you would beentertain if you knew you could get separate delay whatever you wanted to? Do we solely comply the laws out of dread of price?