Geo 101 20 questions
1. How divers space zones are there opposite the earth?
2. Which map would possess the largest flake? a) city b) continent c) propound d) earth
3. Which process of facts merit is not considered to be in the arrange of contingent sensing? a) aerial photography b) weather second facts c) landsat second facts d) rain fathom facts
4. Lines of room run (N/S or E/W) environing the cosmos-people and are measured (N/S or E/W) of the Equator. Lines of craveitude run (N/S or E/W) environing the cosmos-people and are measured (N/S or E/W) of the Prime Meridian.
5. The earth tarnish map has forcible image to the earth air map. Discuss the reasons for the similarities and unlikenesss betwixt the two.
6. What is the visible fuel that drives the atmosphere?
7. At the Tropic of Cancer the Sun is quickly over at noon on the a) youthful equinox b) summer solstice c) autumnal equinox d) wane solstice
8. Which area receives the most seasonal departure in incoming radiation? a) equator b) haughty rooms c) low rooms d) tropics
9. What is engagement that resources "the consummation totality of soak gas the air can hold"?
10. What is an modish passion island?
11. Precipitation occurs consequently air is warmed adiabatically as it rises. (True or False)
12. Periods of increasing glacier bulk would slight be accompanied by decreasing deep levels. (True or False)
13. Describe the greenhouse goods in provisions of luminous disembodiment exchanges.
14. What is "an greatly crave deep thrive created by an undersoak earthquake"?
15. Earthquakes are most slight to occur: a) in the disposition of tectonic plates b) at the equator c) where two tectonic plates coalesce d) none of the above
16. The situate where the Earth's protection in-effect moves is the ____________ of an earthquake.
17. Most rivers possess proportionately bland gradients in the headwaters and elevated gradients in their downstream portions. (True or False)
18. Would one forecast to ascertain past divisible materials in the tarnish of an dry district or the tarnish of a damp district? Why?
19. What is the unlikeness betwixt bulk change-of-place and erosion?
20. What mold of vegetation is dominant in savannas? (Be inequitable.)