Assignment 1: Statistical Analysis Project
Due Week 10 and worth 140 points
For this project, you need to create your own research question to conduct a hypothesis test. In doing so,
you will need to find your own data by collecting the data yourself. You will need to provide to your
instructor through Blackboard your research question and plans to collect your data by the end of Week
Write a two to three (2-3) page report in which you:
1. Calculate the mean, median, and standard deviation for the key variable.
2. Construct a 95% Confidence Interval for the key variable.
3. Conduct a hypothesis test to verify if your research claim is supported. Clearly state the logic of
your test, the calculations, and the conclusion of your test.
4. Provide the following discussion based on the conclusion of your test:
a. If you conclude that your claim is supported, speculate on three (3) reasons why the null
hypothesis is not true.
b. If you conclude that the claim is not supported or justified, provide a detailed explanation
to why such a claim might have been made.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
sides. No citations and references are required, but if you use them, they must follow APA
format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Calculate measurements of central tendency and dispersal.
• Determine confidence intervals for data.
• Describe the vocabulary and principles of hypothesis testing.
• Discuss application of course content to professional contexts.
• Use technological tools to solve problems in statistics.
• Write clearly and concisely about statistics using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and
language and writing skills, using the following rubric
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more